Friday, September 29, 2006

Back Home Again :)

A summary of the day:

Woke up with a headache (I never get headaches!)


Walked all the way to Town Square with a full backpack and carrying a tower cpu (all the cabs were going the other way and were full). Funny, I get honked at left and right whenever I don't need one but when the two times that I did, they were nowhere to be found! Oh, for those who haven't been to Jason's, it's about a 15-20 minute walk to town square – fortunately it's all downhill. My arms were about three minutes from falling off.


Waited for over three hours at Rhino Park for the combi to fill and then another 45 minutes at a gas station for no apparent reason. We only had 17 people packed into this one.


Sat next to a guy with a nice sticker of Osama b L on the binder protecting his resume. He insisted that Osama b L himself gave 'em the sticker yesterday in Rhino Park. (Yeah, he crawled out of his cave in Afghan/Paki just to hand out stickers in Namibia.)


Next, this gentleman proceeds to apologise profusely (for about 5 minutes - seriously) and then insists I help him immigrate to the United States. Not believing me, he keeps pestering me for the first hour of the trip, waking me up on EIGHT separate occasions! Fortunately he passed out thanks to some heavy drinking earlier.


I sweat off 20kg thanks to the intense heat inside the combi. I then realized I hadn't drank enough water either. If only there were some invention that would allow air to move rapidly around the inside of a vehicle, thereby letting sweat evaporate. And make it something that you could look through and see the outside as well ... if only ...


Had my headache amplified by the incessant thumping of the base. I was lucky enough to have a front row seat for the sounds. One of the speakers did blow out, which brought a huge smile to my face.


I forgot to bring along accessible food for the trip. I'd already spent a small fortune in my 15 days there (sorry Amanda, we're really gonna travel bare-bones, poor PCV style, unless the N$ keeps getting weaker. Still have some US$ I haven't exchanged.)


The silver lining in the overcast day:

Through the use of Azureus I can now download The Daily Show!! Even saw an article online where he's not only happy that people download it, he encourages it. I so love Linux. It only took 50 minutes to figure everything out. It's like riding a bike, you never really forget. Phenomenal cosmic power, iddy-biddy living space. (That one's for you Dan)


Now I can't wait to get the old Dr. Who shows. Saw the Tom Baker ones were all bundled together :)


Time to finish watching Miracle and get to bed! Hey, it's good to be back home again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home